Monday, January 5, 2015

Rainbows for the Kitchen...


I teased a little bit in my last post about my current obsession...and it's definitely become an obsession.  Scrappy rainbow potholders.  Lots of them!


I mean, if you thought that I was a factory before while I was on a clutch kick, I don't even know what 21 potholders in 10 days adds up to.


Of course, the rainbow was what caught my eye in the original post from Film in the Fridge.  Plus the opportunity to use up some of the mountain of scraps that I've been holding onto over the years.


Each potholder is sewn in an improv log cabin style and has one layer of regular batting, one layer of Insul-Bright, and then a print backing.  They each finish at 8.5" square.


Of course my fussy-cut loving self tried to make the center square of each potholder something a bit special.  I couldn't do it for all of them, but I like to think that they all have something fun to offer a wandering eye.


I am so in loving with the binding on these.  The white background with the silver metallic dots compliments every single color in the spectrum!


I think the only color that I haven't touched yet is brown - because really, if I'm going to be dealing with anything resembling chocolate, I want it to be actual chocolate.  Although I'm still toying with the idea of making some black and white ones with a bright, colored binding.


So anyway, I have all these potholders hanging around and even after setting some aside for future gifts and swaps, I still have a huge stack that need homes!  So I've decided to give the old Etsy shop another go and see what happens.  Of course I'm about a month or two late for any kind of a holiday rush (because I'm organized like that and have to keep up my procrastinating reputation), but c'est la vie!


I've listed sets of two potholders in each color story, but I might make an option to mix and match colors in larger numbers.  I've also listed some of the aforementioned clutches.  Our house is too tiny for all of these lovelies to just be sitting around taking up space.


You can find the Simple Sewendipity Etsy shop here or by clicking the link found in the Shop tab above. With this rainbow of colors, you know that I've got your kitchen covered ;)

Linking up:
Fresh Poppy Design


17 comments:

  1. These are super pretty! What a great idea and use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo cute!! They are on my to make list:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely nice potholders! The colours are so rich! And a great idea for scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 'em all!!!! Sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable it makes me want to go straight to my scrap bin and get started;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are gorgeous! Winter + rainbows= perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thought that FITF's potholders were amazing, but yours are equally gorgeous. The fussy cutting is so worth it! I think I would want to serve lots of dishes with them all the time, though, so the rainbow was always complete! I, too, am not a fan of brown, but the right browns can sometimes be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! They make me want to go make potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pot holders are lovely. Too bad everything in my house is industrial rustic. I need the browns and greys. Oh well, it will give me an excuse to use up some of my scraps and insulbrite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great - a super use of scraps and I don't know about y'all, but I always seem to need more potholders...gonna make some - thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, and such a great way to use up leftovers!!! Good luck with the Etsy store... I'm sure you'll be a hit!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great potholders - so pretty - and a lovely way to use and enjoy the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors of your potholders (especially the orange ones). Black-and-white ones with a colored binding would be fantastic. I have to tell you that I grew up in Dover, N.H. The Seacoast is such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It love your potholders. Wonderful gifts. Hope you sell them all.
    Great idea for scraps and blocks.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much colour. I love it!

    ReplyDelete