Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking Back...

2013 has easily been my most productive and challenging sewing year so far!  I managed to create 4 square or twin sized quilts and 9 mini or cuddle-sized quilts over the year - far and away more than I've done before!



This was the first year that I've joined any kind of group projects.  The biggest surprise has come from the ScrapBeeLicious bee that was created after the Plum and June Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop over the summer.  It's definitely stretched me to try some palatte's and block patterns that I never would have tried otherwise - and every one has come out fantastic!  Some ScrapBeeLicious and guild blocks from this year:


Not to mention all the fun side projects that have kept me going in between the big stuff...


So what's in store for the new year?  I've got a slew of WIPs that I am determined to finish, I want to expand my skill set and get a little more polished, try a few more advanced techniques, finish that pesky Washi dress, and have even been given the opportunity to teach a class during the spring!  I can't wait to see what 2014 brings...

10 comments:

  1. Your converging corners quilt is still my favorite of 2013. Obsessed. I can't wait to finish mine - hopefully in January or no later than February! It is such a beauty! I can't wait to see what you make in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still obsessed with your x's and o's quilt! Such great progress this year and good luck with tackling that list of WIPs. I let mine grow a bit over the holidays :) - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful finishes! I really love that xo quilt - how great is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely work there! I have some super hero fabric I'm itching to make into a quilt.
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a whole lot of great work! I especially love the colors and shapes in your Xs and Os quilt! hope you have another great year.=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That only means you've gotten real good at quilting and can churn out projects faster than ever. Not a bad place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that converging corners quilt with the little characters is so fantastic! And I love that princess bride stitchery project, as well. :D And the low volume + greys star surrounded by rainbow is such a gorgeous block! And and and! You get the idea. :D Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were very busy in 2013 and off to a great start in 2014. Looking forward to seeing more completed blocks and projects. The paper pieced blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your quilts and the twist you put on converging corners (which is on my bucket list) is really great. I ordered some cross-stitch patterns, not the same but other themes. super inspiring collection for the year, congrats.

    ReplyDelete